Friday, May 21, 2010

My native hometown- Paracelis

I was not born in this town but when we first came here I felt I have come home. To some it is just another rural mountain town, but to me it is home. living here gave me peace of mind that i have not experienced anywhere else. Paracelis is home to many cultural or ethnic tribes, the Gaddangs (popularly called "Baliwon" in this area), the Kalingas, the Balangaos, and Ilocanos. The different ethnic groups have settled in the mountainous areas and the town center called Poblacion is occupied by a mixture of the different ethno-cultural groups. It is in Poblacion where I live.

Paracelis has lush vegetation which is now slowly receding due to illegal loggers and the slash and burn farming practice.

Natives from this place who have settled in the interior barangays enjoy mountain climbing and hiking to scenic spots unspoiled by tourists. Waterfalls, caves, hotsprings are just a few places one could visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment